ผู้เขียน หัวข้อ: Honda City Hatchback vs. Sedan and Turbo vs. HEV  (อ่าน 3332 ครั้ง)

ออฟไลน์ Newhere

• กระทู้: 5
Honda City Hatchback vs. Sedan and Turbo vs. HEV
« เมื่อ: สิงหาคม 29, 2022, 22:24:24 »
Hello everyone,

This is my first post, so let me introduce myself. I am Tim and moved to Bangkok in March this year. I am not Thai as you may guess from me writing in English ;)  I found this forum and find it very interesting. Where else can I read about cars in Thailand and the Thai perspective on cars? I can read the forum with a translation tool and hope you allow me and bear with me writing in English.

Anyways, why am I opening this topic? My wife and I are looking for a second car (we have a Corolla Hybrid as first car). We like the Honda City, especially the Hatchback in terms of style and look. We drove the Hatchback RS Turbo and the sedan Hybrid. We found the sedan much more quiet and subtle than the Hatchback. But we are not sure whether this is due to the difference between Hatchback and Sedan or the difference in the engine (Hybrid vs. Turbo). Is the Hatchback always so much louder because the trunk is not closed and the noise from the back gets into the car/ passenger compartment? Or was it the engine?

I wanted to ask your experience and opinion of the Hatchback vs. sedan. For instance, would a Hatchback Hybrid rather closer to the sedan HEV or the Hatchback Turbo in terms of road noise inside (if one can say that at all)? Unfortunately, the dealer does not have a Hatchback as HEV - otherwise I would simply test drive myself and see.

I know of the price difference and this is another difficult topic. THB 100k for the HEV is a lot. But my wife and I like the hybrid: it is quiet and saves some fuel, especially in the city. Though surely not enough to cover the price difference. But at least good for the environment.

Please excuse me if you discussed this or a similar topic in the past.  :-X

Thank you so much for your feedback!
Tim

« แก้ไขครั้งสุดท้าย: สิงหาคม 29, 2022, 22:38:57 โดย Newhere »

ออฟไลน์ MyName

• กระทู้: 8,146
  • I'm............................
Re: Honda City Hatchback vs. Sedan and Turbo vs. HEV
« ตอบกลับ #1 เมื่อ: สิงหาคม 29, 2022, 22:45:45 »
ผมเขียนอังกฤษไม่ถูก เอาไปเข้า translate อีกครั้งนะครับ

เอาจริงดูคุณจะให้ความสำคัญกับด้านเสียงที่เข้ามาในรถเป็นพิเศษ
ซึ่งหลังจากที่ผมได้ลองขับ City ทั้ง 4 รุ่นมา จัดว่าเป็นรถที่เก็บเสียงได้ “ไม่ดี” รุ่นนึงครับ
แต่ถ้าความแตกต่างระหว่างเสียงที่เข้ามาในแต่ละรุ่นตัวถัง หรือรุ่นเครื่องยนต์
ก็ถือได้ว่า Hatchback มีเสียงลมเข้ามาจากทางประตูเก็บสัมภาระท้ายที่มากกว่า Sedan จริงครับ
ในตำแหน่งคนขับและผู้โดยสารหน้าอาจจะไม่รู้สึกมาก แต่ผู้โดยสารด้านหลังได้ยินเพิ่มเข้ามาชัดเจน
ส่วนเสียงเครื่องยนต์ไม่แตกต่างกันมากนัก ช่วงที่เครื่อง 1.5 Hybrid ทำงาน ก็มีเสียงที่เข้ามาในระดับที่เท่ากันกับ 1.0 Turbo เพียงแต่มีโอกาสที่เครื่องยนต์จะหนุดทำงานในบางช่วงเวลาที่ขับขี่เท่านั้น นี่คือความคิดเห็นของผม
ส่วนเรื่องความแข็งแรง Sedan ก็จะได้เปรียบแค่ด้านท้ายรถที่ยาวกว่า มีผลให้เมื่อเกิดการชนจากด้านท้ายจะถึงผู้โดยสารได้ยากกว่าเท่านั้นครับ
นอกนั้น เสียงที่เข้ามาที่พื้นก็มีระดับความดังที่มากเท่ากัน เสียงที่คุยหรือเปิดเพลงในรถก็ดังถึงข้างนอกรถเหมือนกัน ตัวถังในส่วนอื่นที่บอบบางเหมือนกันครับ
Cars
2022 - Nissan Almera 1.0 Turbo VL
2016 - Mazda 2 1.5XD High Plus L
2008 - Mitsubishi Space Wagon 2.4 GLS Ltd. !User'Review Click here!
1997 - Daihatsu Mira

Motorcycles
2023 - Vespa Sprint S 150 i
2012 - Yamaha Mio 125 GTX

TheRealMeaw

• บุคคลทั่วไป
« ตอบกลับ #2 เมื่อ: สิงหาคม 29, 2022, 23:23:08 »
On principle, indeed the sedan is quieter than the hatch due to the partition between the cabin and the boot. If you got time ideally you should try find other dealership that have the Hybrid Hatchback and the Turbo Sedan in order to find what you can live with. The Hybrid Hatchback won't be much quieter, although it might be quiet enough to live with. YMMV.

If you've driven and preferred the hybrid feel there's no reason not to go for it. They're quite a bit more economical if you're mainly driving in the metropolis and also a bit more spritely off the line. Is the hybrid 100k better? If you really like it then I can't see why it's not.

ออฟไลน์ delete

• กระทู้: 2,961
    • อีเมล์
« ตอบกลับ #3 เมื่อ: สิงหาคม 30, 2022, 10:03:58 »
รถคันที่สอง ใช้งานในกทม. ผมว่าควรจะเลือกรถที่เป็นอีกแบบนึงให้แตกต่างจากคันเดิมที่ใช้งานอยู่ (อัลติส ไฮบริด)

ผมว่าควรจะขยับขึ้นไปเป็น SUV crosover ดีกว่า น่าจะเป็น HRV ไฮบริด

อย่างน้อย ก็มีความสามารถในการลุนน้ำท่วมขังในถนนได้ดีกว่ารถเก๋ง

ออฟไลน์ vsx555

• กระทู้: 69
    • อีเมล์
« ตอบกลับ #4 เมื่อ: สิงหาคม 30, 2022, 10:55:34 »
Regarding the cabin noise level, in theory, yes a sedan will be quieter than a hatchback. And Honda in Thailand is known to be more noisy than other Japanese alternatives. But if you choose the sedan you will end up having 2 very similar cars.

As for Hybrid vs. turbo in case of the City, I think the 100K+ price increase of the hybrid variance is too steep. The turbo is a more sensible choice in my opinion. However, if you really like hybrid for environment reason (Thank you !), have you ever consider other brands like the Nissan Kicks e-Power? It falls under very similar price range as the City Hybrid but you get a more practical crossover and higher ground clearance. And it's differ from the Corolla sedan you already have.

ออฟไลน์ PREM

• กระทู้: 4,201
« ตอบกลับ #5 เมื่อ: สิงหาคม 30, 2022, 12:42:51 »
Hi Tim welcome!
If you like the hatchback I say get the hatchback (if the noise isn’t too unbearable for you because I don’t think the hybrid will be that much quieter). At least you get the practicality (folding seats etc.) and something different from your Corolla sedan.
2014 Mazda CX-5 2.5 S
2016 Volvo XC60 D4 
2019 Honda Jazz RS+
2020 Volvo V60 T8 Inscription
2022 Mazda CX-30 SP

ออฟไลน์ AkE

• กระทู้: 7,400
« ตอบกลับ #6 เมื่อ: สิงหาคม 30, 2022, 21:26:31 »
From my side i will pick Hatchback Turbo. However after i read your post i think you

can choose hatchback ehev cause of all city series are not that difference to each other

So choose the one that you prefer, if you use more in city area ehev will be better

Choice but if you often use 120km/h + the turbo will be better. Hope you get the one

you like.

ออฟไลน์ Newhere

• กระทู้: 5
« ตอบกลับ #7 เมื่อ: สิงหาคม 30, 2022, 21:51:21 »
First of all, thank you everyone for replying, much appreciated! Your comments are very helpful.

I fully agree with that the second car should be different. So my tendency is to the Hatchback. We were also thinking about an SUV (and drove the HRV, Corolla Cross and CX-30), but I think my wife and I are more the sedan/ hatchback type and prefer more comfy cars. My impression is that SUVs usually have a more stiff/ harder suspension (to reduce body movements and rolling of the car).

We also had the impression that the City is in general relatively loud inside and not so well isolated. In that regard we are quite happy with the Altis. But it is what it is and this would be just our second car.

As for the engine, I think we will take some more time to think about it.

Luckily it is not very urgent to buy a second car. I let you know the outcome when we bought our second car.

Thanks again, Khob Khun Krub. Appreciate you sharing your thoughts.